RUZUKU YA VYAMA VYA SIASA
Shilingi bilioni 67.7 zimelipwa na Serikali kwa vyama vya siasa katika kipindi cha miaka 4, 2009/2010 mpaka 2012/2013. Fedha hizi hazijakaguliwa kwa mujibu wa Sheria.
Mahesabu ya Vyama vya siasa nchini yanapaswa kukaguliwa na Mdhibiti na Mkaguzi Mkuu wa Mahesabu ya Serikali kwa mujibu wa Sheria tangu mwaka 2009. Tangu mwaka huo Kamati ya PAC haijawahi kuona Taarifa ya CAG kuhusu ukaguzi wa vyama vya siasa. Nilihoji tangia Aprili 2011 https://zittokabwe.wordpress.com/category/ruzuku-vyama-vya-siasa/
Kamati imemwita Msajili wa vyama ili kufafanua ni kwa nini Vyama vya Siasa nchini havifuati sheria (vifungu vya sheria vimeambatanishwa hapa chini). Uvunjifu huu wa Sheria ni wa makusudi au wa kutokujua? Sheria inataka Mahesabu ya vyama yatangazwe kwa uwazi, tena kwa Government Notice. Umewahi kuona? Tarehe 15 Oktoba, 2013 Kamati ya PAC itatafuta majibu haya kutoka kwa Msajili na ikibidi vyama vyenyewe. Tunataka uwazi wa matumizi ya Fedha za Umma.Vyama vya siasa ndio vinaunda Serikali, uwazi unaanzia huko ili kuepuka fedha chafu kama za EPA kuingia kuvuruga uchaguzi.
Vyama vifuatavyo vimepokea Ruzuku ya jumla shilingi bilioni 67.7 tangu mwaka wa fedha 2009/2010;
- CCM tshs 50.97 bilioni
- CHADEMA tshs 9.2 bilioni
- CUF tshs 6.29 bilioni
- NCCR – M tshs 0.677 bilioni
- UDP tshs 0.33 bilioni
- TLP tshs 0.217 bilioni
- APPT – M tshs 11 milioni
- DP tshs 3.3 milioni
- CHAUSTA tshs 2.4 milioni
Political Parties Act, No. 5 of 1992 as ammended from time to time.
14. -(1) Every political party which has been fully registered shall—
a) maintain proper accounts of the funds and property of the party;
b) submit to the Registrar –
“(i) an annual statement of the account of the political party audited by the Controller and Auditor-General and the report of the account.” (This became law in March, 2009)
ii) an annual declaration of all the property owned by the party.
(2) The Registrar, after inspecting any accounts or report submitted pursuant to this section may, for the benefit of the members or the public, publish any matter relation to the funds, resources or property of any party or the use of such funds, resources or property.
(3) The Registrar shall publish in the official Gazette, an annual report on the audited accounts of every party.
18. -(1) Subventions granted to a party may be spent only on
(a) the parliamentary activities of a party;
(b) the civil activities of a party;
(c) any lawful activity relating to an election in which a party nominates acandidate;
(d) any other necessary or reasonable requirement of a party.
(2) Subventions granted to a political party shall be accounted for to the Registrar, separately from the accounting for other funds of the party.
(3) Any party which fails or neglects to account for subventions in accordance with this Act, shall forfeit the right to any subsequent subvention due to the party in accordance with this Act.
(4) Where the Registrar is for any reasonable cause, dissatisfied with any account of subventions submitted by any party, so much of the subvention which has not been accounted for or has not been accounted for satisfactorily, shall be deducted form any subsequent subvention due to the party.
(5) If by reason of failure to submit an account or for any other reason, the Registrar has reason to suspect that any offence under the Penal Code may have been committed in relation to the money which has not been committed in relation to the money which has not be been accounted for, he may make a report to a police station, and the officer in charge of that police station shall cause the matter to be investigated.
18A. Notwithstanding the provisions of sections 14 and 18, every political party receiving subvention in accordance with this Act shall, not later than 3151
October every year, submit to the Registrar financial statements and audited accounts reflecting any other source of funds and details regarding the manner in which such funds were used.” (became law in 2009)