In the year 2010/11
- Total Govt. Expenditure would jump to 11.6 trillion Tanzanian shillings ($7.9 billion) from 9.5 trillion last year.
- The government plans to collect domestic revenue … equivalent to 17.3 per cent of GDP, compared with 16.4 per cent of GDP in financial year 2009/10
- The government would finance its deficit through 2.1 trillion shillings in domestic and external borrowing
- The government expects to raise 30.0 billion shillings through selling some of its shares in the NBC Limited
- Fuel exemptions to mining companies reinstated. Blunder!
- Some good measures on agro business, cashew (2.3 pc of exports) processing protected
- 1 pc reduction in personal income tax to low income earners
- Mining sector grew by 1.2 pc only last year. It grew at the rate of 16 pc in 2005. What’s a drop?
- Ring fencing in the mining sector introduced
- VAT reliefs for agri and agro business